COVID-19 Code of Conduct
Before Leaving Home:
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
- Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the meeting/event venue if required by the event organizers.
- Agree to wear a mask or facial covering, if required by the event organizers.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organizers and respect others’ personal space.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact the meeting/event organizers to advise them.
RELASE & WAIVER OF LIABILITY RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge continues to evolve, but the virus is believed to spread through airborne particles, person-to-person contact, and contact with contaminated surfaces and objects. People can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. To date, there is no known treatment, cure, or vaccine for COVID-19. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life threatening illness and even death.
The Photo Managers cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending any of its events. It is not possible to prevent the presence of the disease at events open to the public. Therefore, if you choose to attend events sponsored, organized, or presented by The Photo Managers, you may be exposing yourself to and/or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Upon registration or entry to event, you will be asked if you have read and understood the above warning concerning COVID-19. You understand the risks associated with being in a public space and contagious viruses may be present. You hereby choose to accept the risk of contracting COVID-19 in order to attend The Photo Managers event(s).
Waiver of Lawsuit/Liability
I hereby forever release and waive my right to assert a claim or bring suit against The Photo Managers, including its employees, or other representatives, in connection with exposure, infection, and/or spread of COVID-19 related to attending Photo Manager event(s). I understand that this release and waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence, including the sole negligence of the Photo Managers and give up any claim I may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen.
Choice of Law
I understand and agree that the law of the State of Connecticut will apply to this release and waiver.