Many of us have tons of videos that we’d love to watch but don’t have the tools necessary to make them into a single watchable video. If you own a Mac computer, iMovie is a free application which you can use to edit a simple year in review video for your family.
Before using iMovie, follow these requirements:
- In order to work with Apple’s new HEVC video codec, you must be running at least High Sierra version 10.13.6
- You must at least have iMovie version 10.1.10
Training Tips on How to Create a Year in Review Video
Watch this video for step by step instructions for creating a Year in Review video using iMovie.
PSA: Avoid Vertical Video Syndrom
If you haven’t started already, please start taping your video clips horizontally, as demonstrated in the picture below. This will prevent this video and your video will look much more polished on the big screen.
Tips for making an exciting year in review video
- Don’t be afraid to edit it down to short, quick shots
- Add an exciting song (https://www.songfreedom.com, https://www.songfinch.com)
- Edit the footage to the beat of the music to make a more dynamic, interesting video
- Make it under 10 minutes
The Final Product
Here is the final product for my year in review video. Enjoy!
More Ways to Enjoy Your Family’s Videos