- This event has passed.
Demystifying Digital Photography – Part 2, Photography 101 in the Year 2020
May 27, 2020 @ 1:00pm - 2:00pm EDT
Brought to you by Sony: his presentation is designed for the person longing to capture better pictures. Anyone will benefit, including those with an actual camera, or those looking to invest in a camera. Todd’s see-first approach/philosophy will set you up for success by helping you know when to reach for the more technical things as they are needed, only once you are completely ready for them. Course Outline:
* Composition fundamentals – what rules to try to follow and which to go and break
* Storytelling and narrative – journalistic approach for all disciplines
* Exposure, what it is exactly, and ways to use it to make your pictures sparkle a little more
* Lens Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO (hint these are the three exposure variables)
* Manipulating functions including light meter, exposure compensation, AF Mode, AF Point, White Balance, Flash
* Options like Image Size and quality, RAW, JPEG, aspect ratio
* Tips for shooting video including frame rate and Full HD vs 4K
PRESENTER: Todd Tieman of Sony Electronics Digital Media Production Center in Los Angeles is a self-described digital photography nerd who believes one thing more than anything else when it comes to photography: When elements come together in a frame just right – and the resulting photo conveys emotion, the image has succeeded and lives to serve future generations to learn and feel from; the device that captured it, however, is largely irrelevant. That’s a long way of saying the best camera is the one that’s with you.