- This event has passed.
Profit Accelerator: Brand Protection – Trademarks
July 22nd @ 2:15pm - 3:45pm EDT
Profit Accelerator Series Webinar
Brand Protection For Your Small Business – Trademarks
with Rukayatu Tijani
Rukayatu “Ruky” Tijani is the Founder, Creator, and Chief Esquire Officer of Firm for the Culture, an organization of social entrepreneurs helping social entrepreneurs. Drawing upon years of extensive legal experience, they help small businesses own their brand names.
Learn about the importance of protecting your intellectual property. In this interactive discussion, we’ll cover:
– The difference between a Trademark, Copyright, and Patent;
– Why a trademark is essential to social impact, business growth, and scalability;
– The quick and easy way to determine if a business, service, or product name is trademarked;
– The detailed way to determine if a business, service, or product name is trademarked;
– What to do if someone steals your business name;
– How to apply for federal trademark registration and the role of the United States Patent and Trademark Office;
– How to avoid “scams” perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the United States Patent and Trademark Office; and
– What happens after successful registration of one’s trademark.