Job openings at The Photo Managers
Job openings at The Photo Managers
Check back later for opportunities.
The Photo Managers is a global membership organization that recognized a unique market opportunity and pioneered the flourishing profession of professional photo organizers/managers. Since our establishment in 2011, we have been driven by visionary leadership, innovation, and strategic foresight. Our mission is to empower business entrepreneurs by providing comprehensive training, professional certification, valuable partnerships, and educational conferences. As the digital image landscape expands exponentially and more individuals seek second-act careers and new business prospects, we are poised to embark on the next phase of our growth.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Photo Managers is looking for a Director of Operations who will work with the Founder and CEO to drive profitable growth and deepen the impact of this extraordinary organization and ensure its mission continues to grow and thrive.
The main objective of this position is to drive strategic growth and advancement in several crucial areas: membership growth and retention, management of four annual events, expansion of company partnerships, and growth of our educational programming. We are seeking an inclusive, considerate, and strategic leader who is dedicated to fulfilling the mission of TPM. The ideal candidate should possess the necessary skills and experience to enhance TPM’s position as the industry leader.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and manage company resources and budget in four key areas; membership, partnerships, education, and events.
• Analyze all key metrics, including membership growth, churn rates, customer lifetime value, acquisition costs, member engagement, event pricing, and website analytics.
• Create reports, survey questions, make recommendations, and create strategies for improvement.
• Improve and implement SOPs for all events; Conference, Profitability Live, and Save Your Photos Month.
• Work with our Training and Performance Improvement Manager to identify improvements in our certification program and monthly training webinars.
• Stay informed of industry trends and use them to develop education and marketing strategies.
• Assist in developing and executing our communication strategies, including email campaigns and marketing efforts, to achieve goals.
Our ideal Director of Operations has the following skills:
• You excel as an integrator, supporting collaboration and synergy thorough out an organization
• You thrive on implementing company strategies and delivering results on a day-to-day, quarter-to-quarter basis.
• You have a passion for managing the details, digging into numbers, analyzing data, and creating strategies for improvement.
• Our core beliefs, “a rising tide lifts all boats,” and “we are collaborative, not competitive,” resonate with your value systems.
• You’ve worked within a membership organization, overseeing member recruitment and ensuring member retention.
• You enjoy and have a natural acumen with budgeting and financial management.
• You recognize that this position requires an entrepreneurial mindset, including a “start-up” mentality.
• You understand that as a small team, you will wear many hats.
• Take the initiative and work well under pressure and independently.
• Enjoys envisioning the future – seeing possibilities in a new and emerging market.
What You Bring to the Table:
The ideal candidate will have 6 + years of operations, strategic growth, and leadership experience. Additional qualifications include:
• You love photos and the stories they tell and have experience within one of these areas: association management, digital asset management, professional photo organizing, professional photography, or technology start-up.
• Strong financial and business acumen; critical thinker with strong analytical skills.
• Proven track record in business planning and growth.
• Strategic, analytical, and creative thinker.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, very resourceful, reliable, energetic, self-motivated, and knows how to have fun.
• Believe in our core principles – “A Rising Tide Lifts all Boats” and “We are Collaborative, Not Competitive”
FT salaried, plus performance-based bonus and generous paid vacation and holidays package.
Open to entirely remote for the right candidate willing to attend in-person quarterly planning meetings, plus our annual conference. The main office is located in West Hartford, Connecticut, with the opportunity to work in the office.