Membership Terms & Conditions
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please review our membership fees and terms, solicitation policy, and Code of Ethics. When you register as a new member or renew your membership, you are agreeing to these terms, and you also agree that a breach of these may result in cancellation of your membership.
Membership Fees and Terms
- You can cancel your membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to The Photo Managers member resources service through the end of your annual or quarterly billing period. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial membership period and membership fees are non-refundable and valid for the stated term.
- If you resign or your membership lapses, you agree to cease using The Photo Managers logo, The Photo Managers Member logo, and, if applicable, The Photo Managers Certified Pro logo on your website or any promotional or other material inferring membership of The Photo Managers. You also agree to remove all references to you being a member on your website, business cards, and all other material under your control.
- We understand life happens. Extenuating circumstances can affect us all and thus, any member in good standing and with at least two years of continuous membership may contact The Photo Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss up to a 6 month pause in membership while retaining full benefits.
- If you are a Certified Pro member who has left The Photo Managers membership and wish to rejoin, your certification will be valid for 12 months from the end of your membership. If you rejoin after 12 months from the end of your membership expiration date, you will need to repurchase The Photo Managers Certification Course and complete the course requirements again to regain your Certified Pro member status.
- If you purchased the Certification Course and did not complete the material or the application before choosing to leave membership, your certification classes will be available for 12 months. If you rejoin after 12 months from the expiration date of your membership, you will need to repurchase the Certification Course.
- The Photo Managers reserve the right to change fees, member types, member benefits, and terms of service at any time.
No Solicitation Policy
The Photo Managers members may NOT solicit other members, regardless of medium, including but not limited to: our Directory, our Forums, our private Facebook Group, and our social media channels, for the purpose of promoting or selling services or products, without express written permission from The Photo Managers.
Code of Ethics
The Photo Managers is founded on the principles of honesty, fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, trust and sound business judgment. These principles are set out below as a guideline for all Members’ conduct with clients, colleagues, and the broader public. As a Member of The Photo Managers, you agree to conduct business honestly and ethically and agree to:
- Serve clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and treat them with respect and courtesy.
- Offer services in those areas in which the member is qualified and accurately represent those qualifications in verbal and written communications.
- Recommend the services of other Certified Photo Managers and/or other qualified professionals, when unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services directly.
- Advertise services in an honest manner and represent the photo management industry accurately.
- Keep confidential all client information, both business and personal.
- Use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- Charge, and communicate upfront, reasonable fees and expenses that are legitimate, commensurate with Member’s level of experience, services delivered, and the level of responsibility undertaken.
- Make recommendations for products and services that support the client’s best interest.
- Seek and maintain an equitable, honorable, and cooperative association with all colleagues, treating them with respect and courtesy.
- Respect the intellectual and artistic property rights of The Photo Managers, its Members, and other firms or individuals, by not using proprietary information or methodologies without express permission.
- Represent the photo management industry by acting and speaking with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.