Become a Regional Leader
One of the biggest benefits and requests from the two conferences (virtual and Denver) was the ability to meet and connect with other members. We agree and are excited to launch a more formal opportunity for members to connect with one another within their geographical area. Currently, members in the UK/Europe, Australia, and Florida are already meeting monthly via Zoom and finding great connections.
To ensure geographical subgroups thrive, we are seeking volunteers to be Regional Leader. If you enjoy connecting with your peers and are willing to take the lead please consider volunteering.
1) Welcome new members from your region, TPM will email an introduction to the “leader” and the “leader” will welcome the new member, and invite them to zoom meetings and regional Facebook groups if one exists.
2) Run a minimum of 6 connection meetings (Zoom or in-person) over the course of a year. The ideal is once a month but this should be based on the group’s needs. The meetings should only be an hour. TPM will provide suggested topics, and guidelines. Remo is also an option upon request. Using a TPM Zoom account is also possible based on requests.
3) If there is a partner in the area plan a member field trip with TPM support. If possible Cathi is available to travel to regional meetings. For example Photo Flash Drive, Archival Methods etc.
The Photo Managers Support
1) We will set up a Regional Leader Facebook Group so you can connect with other leaders, share what is working, ideas, questions, etc.
2) We will provide suggested topics and guidelines.
3) We will offer financial and other support for tables/donations for trade shows or regional events that promote membership to The Photo Managers – this could include books, booth payment, advertising support etc. An example is Amanda and Mel are at the UK Declutters conference. We helped pay for the booth and support materials. This will be on a case-by-case basis.
4) If the region is interested, TPM will set up the Facebook Members Groups by region and make the leaders the administrators. The goal isn’t to replace the Member page but allow people to connect locally.
5) The Photo Managers will reach out on your behalf to any identified potential partners to help support regional connections.
Time commitment: We are seeking Regional Leaders willing to commit to a two-year term starting July 1, 2022 to July 1, 2024. The time commitment should not exceed 3 – 4 hours a month.
Purpose: To give members within countries, states/regions a chance to meet and connect plus provide opportunities to share work with one another based on areas of expertise and interest.
Stipend: As our way to thank you for your time you will receive complimentary attendance to our virtual events: Profitability LIVE and Virtual Conference. If you attend the in-person conference you will save 50% plus recognition at events and other fun surprises throughout your term.
The first meeting will be in late June to discuss a July kickoff date.
REGIONS: The current list of regions is based on the number of members in each region. These regions are fluid and if you think there is a better way to divide regions we are happy to make changes. The goal is to keep the meeting size to 30 – 50 before we start a new region.
Current Regions and Leaders
UK/EU – Liz Marshlain
Australasia – Sarah Macnaught
Mid-Atlantic Region A: New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania – Marci Brennan
South: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi – Christina Singelton
West Region A: Alaska, Northern California, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming – Shirley Smith
Canada: Shanna Koetsier & Nicole Olds
Need Regional Leaders:
New England: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
Mid-Atlantic Region B: Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
Midwest Region A: Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Missouri
Midwest Regions B: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Arkansas,
Southwest: Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
West Region B: Southern CA Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada,