Call for Speakers
The Photo Managers
2023 Educational Conference
In-person & Virtual
The Photo Managers are excited to open our call for speakers for our 2023 Annual Educational Conference. This year we are again offering an in-person and a virtual conference. The in-person conference is on April 12th – 15th, 2023, at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. The virtual conference will occur four weeks later, May 10th – 13th, 2023.
By applying, you agree to present your material at both events. Ideally, in-person in Orlando and then virtually for our virtual conference attendees. We will give preference to speakers who can deliver their material in person, but we will also consider virtual-only presentations, especially from our international community.
The Photo Managers conference is known for providing outstanding training taught by subject matter experts. We are seeking educators on a variety of subjects including topics geared to experienced and new professionals.
Every year we conduct a survey asking attendees what topics they’d like to learn. Here is a summary of topics for the 2023 conference. Have an idea on a topic not listed? We’d love to consider your proposal!
REQUESTED TOPICS BY CATEGORY
Photo Organizing Fundamentals
• Unlocking the mystery of providing estimates
• Curating a large printed photo collection
• Scanning options from flatbed to cameras
• Managing multiple computers, hard drives & devices
• Helping PC users understand Apple Photos
• Helping Mac users understand PCs
• Pros/cons of different cloud services
• Using video to tell a client’s story
• Understanding Web 3.0 and NFTs
• Project management tools including setup (ClickUp, Dubsado, etc.)
• Standard operating procedures
• Accounting software
• Calendar and time management
• Hiring subcontractors or employees
• Managing difficult clients
• Overcoming limiting beliefs
• SEO/website copy
• Understanding the sales cycle
• Niche, clients and markets
• Using social media or paid advertising
Seasoned Business Owners
• Exit strategies for experienced business owners
• Tips on troubleshooting the most common problems
• Workplace productivity
• Leadership & management skill development
We welcome submissions from certified professional photo managers as well as other professionals who can provide relevant, quality training. Submissions are due no later than August 15th 2023. You will be notified by September 15th. There are no limitations to how many proposals you submit.
Information to collect before starting the submission process
• Speaker bio
• Speaker headshot
• Description of presentation and learning objectives
• Social media links
• A two-minute video introducing yourself and sharing the learning objectives for your talk. We may use these videos for promotional purposes
• Please review the Speaker agreement and compensation below, prior to starting your application.
Speaker Agreement and Compensation
By submitting a speaker proposal to The Photo Managers you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions for speaking at The Photo Managers Conference.
Honorariums are provided per session. If you are choosing to co-present then honorariums will be payable to the primary speaker for distribution to co-presenters. All presenters will receive 50% off conference registration.
50% Discount on Conference Attendance – All speakers will receive 50% off whatever level of conference registration they chose.
Breakout Session: $250 plus 50% discount on conference registration including Learning Labs and Intensive.
We will send payments reimbursing you for 50% of your conference registration plus $250 by May 20, 2023.
Travel, hotel, food and beverage not included in your conference registration are the responsibility of the speaker. Fees will be paid by check via mail, PayPal or Zelle, immediately following the conference to the address provided in the speaker application.
You may submit and teach more than one topic if desired and will be compensated for each topic.
I understand that the submission of my proposal implies a commitment to present if my proposal is accepted.
I will deliver my presentation twice, once at the conference and a second time, at the virtual conference. At the virtual conference, we expect your talk to be pre-recorded and you will be available for live Q & A.
The recording will be available to attendees as part of their conference registration as well as available for purchase by members and non-members after the conference.
I understand that I will be photographed during my presentation and that my photo may be used for promotional purposes by The Photo Managers.
All information presented in my workshop and/or handout materials will be my own original work and, if not, I agree to obtain the author’s permission in writing to use their content for the live sessions and recordings as referenced above. I agree to display copyright attribution in my presentation and handouts.
I understand that I am responsible for my own travel, hotel and conference expenses, including food and beverage.
I understand that this invitation to speak is to help educate and inform vs. an opportunity to directly market myself or any products or services I may represent. I further understand that The Photo Managers has a separate program for vendors who may wish to directly market their products and services that I may choose to participate in, and thus understand and agree that this speaking invitation precludes any direct marketing of products and services.