- This event has passed.
Demystifying Digital Photography – Part 1, The Capture Device
May 13th @ 1:00pm - 2:00pm EDT
Brought to you by Sony Cameras; Focused on the capture device part of the digital photography process, this presentation seeks to provide a technical foundation, minus any severe confusion – it’s an absolute essential for anyone seeking to learn more in the photography/preservation/creator space today. Todd’s just-technical-enough approach is relatable and fun, and you’ll walk away (into your kitchen to look in your fridge) after this a lot more sure of yourself when it comes to:
* The difference between DSLR & Mirrorless cameras and how they relate to your always-ready always-present camera, your smartphone
* Why camera companies have so many different models, what sets them apart, and which one(s) might be the best fit for you
* What exactly sensor size is
* What terms like Bokeh, full-frame, crop factor, etc. mean exactly
* Lens focal length & foundations
* Tips for applying this info, to bring your production quality up a notch
PRESENTER: Todd Tieman of Sony Electronics Digital Media Production Center in Los Angeles is a self-described digital photography nerd who believes one thing more than anything else when it comes to photography: When elements come together in a frame just right – and the resulting photo conveys emotion, the image has succeeded and lives to serve future generations to learn and feel from; the device that captured it, however, is largely irrelevant. That’s a long way of saying the best camera is the one that’s with you.